Making the Dream : Discipline is Key

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This is supposed to be an Epitome of… post. I’m aware. That will resume next week, so get excited!

Today is about making the dream! I’m finally getting into the swing of things this semester. Everything doesn’t just seem like a huge jumble anymore. Granted, I do have a lot going on. But I never complain about that, it’s the lack of sleep I complain about. According to my family, I am Type A. So, obviously, I love being involved and on-the-go…and I love working under pressure. And that is something I’ve realized in the past two weeks. Throw a challenge my way, and I will pounce right on it with no reservations. One thing I noticed I lacked though, was discipline. I am not superwoman, and I can not put my name on everything. Many times I want to just be so successful and just so… out there, that I lose sight of why I even want to do something.

So, something that I’ve started working on is elimination. I've been taking everything that I’m interested in getting involved in and all my tasks, and simply eliminating the unnecessary. There is absolutely no reason for me to join three clubs, that all have the same purpose statement, and they all have the same people in them. NO! I won’t allow myself to do it. Each week I will go through and make eliminations, and then consider the time available for the task/activity. And this is where discipline comes in. 1) Discipline to say NO, 2) Discipline to be honest with myself ALL THE TIME.

GLAM readers, pray for my discipline. Because I need to learn, and quick!

Nobody said making the dream happen was going to be easy? But I bet I will make it look that way! :)

 

MG*

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket