Health Promotion, Public Relations, FASHION ??? What to do...

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So I think I've mentioned I'm in my first year of college.

Well, I am at a stand-still with deciding on a concrete major. Everyone who knows me knows that in whatever I do I'm eager until the task is complete. Well that applies to deciding on a path.

What path do I want to take?
Currently, my major is Health Promotion. It's been pushed by family that I focus on the healthcare system because there will forever be a job in health.
Well, I'm interested in health, but when it comes to public health I'm actually more interested in health involving a community.

And Public Relations...This idea just popped into my head one day, and I've been researching it ever since. I personally do not know anyone in a PR career, so all my info comes straight from the web.

Style & Fashion. My true loves. My mother wouldn't DARE let me major or concentrate in anything related to these two areas. However, if someone asked me what I would never, ever get tired of? The answer would be doing hair, and helping people find their style.

Now that I've written this, I feel somewhat trapped...
and for starters, I am not at the right school to even think of a switch to style/fashion.

BUT I WILL PERSEVERE!
my eagerness is in my soul, and I wouldn't ever begin to know how to just settle. ;)

Has anyone ever felt trapped like this before? Or remember feeling this way?
Let me know! :)

Update: I just read a really helpful article from the Black on Campus blog, written by Ajuan Mance. Check it out!

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket