Making the Dream : Autumn leaves…

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I’ve mentioned before that I recently read an article that really put some things into perspective when it comes to my blog. One main thing that I really took away from it was a quote : “We are the CEOs of our own companies: ME Inc.”

Branding.

I’ve heard the term tossed around a lot, and have seen people refer to it on various social networking sites. But I never really paid much attention to it. After reading that article, it occurred to me how successful this blog could become; how this could be an outlet to future endeavors; how this is ultimately a part of my portfolio.

These thoughts gave way to another : start branding now? Yes. If not now, then when? I’d rather be making mistakes and learning now then having to fall on my face with no prior experience in anything when I begin my career. So, for those of you who are interested in any kind of entrepreneurship or business, here are some more tips taken from the article:

-Discover what makes you different. Ask yourself these questions: What is it that my product or service does that makes it different? Give yourself the traditional 15-words-or-less contest challenge. Take the time to write down your answer. And then take the time to read it. Several times. If your answer wouldn't light up the eyes of a prospective client or command a vote of confidence from a satisfied past client, or -- worst of all -- if it doesn't grab you, then you've got a big problem.

- There's literally no limit to the ways you can go about enhancing your profile. Try moonlighting! Sign up for an extra project inside your organization, just to introduce yourself to new colleagues and showcase your skills -- or work on new ones. Or, if you can carve out the time, take on a freelance project that gets you in touch with a totally novel group of people. If you can get them singing your praises, they'll help spread the word about what a remarkable contributor you are.

 

Get more insight from the article “The Brand Called You” written by Tom Peters.

 

 

Ms.GLAM

2 comments:

Jason said...

Branding is very important in any product/service, but it really takes a lot of time and work into it. I'm still working on mine..

-Jason

*Ms.Glam* said...

Jason : It does take time, and it also takes dedication. You just have to be willing to give that time and work, and you'll see the results.
I'm still working on it as well!


MG*

 
◄Design by Pocket